Requirements of a prover
The selected prover must above all things be known as credible and conscientious. During the course of the proving, a prover must:
1. guard against mental and bodily exertion,
2. guard against all excesses and disturbing passions,
3. have no urgent business to deter one from proper observation and, with good will, direct exact attention to oneself without being disturbed,
4. be bodily healthy, after one’s fashion [i.e. , what is good health for the prover],
5. possess the necessary intellect to be able to name and describe one’s sensibilities in distinct expressions.