ACONITUM NAPELLUS (acon.)
– FEAR AND PREDICTING DEATH. Convinced they will die, PREDICT THE TIME. Fear of death
during pregnancy, labor.
– FEARS: CROWD, NARROW PLACES, OPEN SPACES,
darkness, elevator, tunnel, heart-disease,
heart will stop, brainstroke, fainting, air plane, earthquake.
– Fearful RESTLESSNESS. – PANIC STATES: Sudden, violent. Like internal earthquake.
With palpitations, red face, vertigo, one sided numbness, faintness, perspiration, trembling, dyspnea.
agg. Midnight to 4 a.m.
agg. 15 to 30 minutes after falling asleep.
agg. On falling asleep (Lach).
agg. Becoming warm in bed.
agg. Twilight (until midnight).
Calm in between the panic states.
– Extroverted. Desire company.
– Anxiety about others. Sympathetic.
– Alternating moods.
– Complains, reproaches. Quarrelsome. Misanthrophy.
– Over-sensitive to noise, light, touch.
– Sad, indifferent; with aversion company.
– Extreme excitability of nervous and vascular system.
– Desire open air.
– agg. COLD DRY weather, dry COLD WIND, east wind,
agg. becoming cold when overheated.
– agg. Motion; lying on affected side; touch (esp. during fever).
– agg. FRIGHT, SHOCK; experience of IMMINENT DEATH.
– agg. Twilight.
– amel. Discharges (vomiting, diarrhea).
– Plethoric. local congestions.
– Epilepsy or convulsions.
– Numbness, tingling agg. left side.
– Intolerable pains; stinging, burning. Protects painful part with hands.
– During panic.
– On rising, on attempting to sit up in bed.
– Tormenting headaches, agg. occiput and forehead, with fear of death;after fright; exposure to cold.
– Congestion and fullness, agg. evening; as if enlarged.
– Sensation of boiling inside.
– Conjunctivitis from cold, dry wind, reflection of snow. Inflammations from injury (Symph.).
– Hot and dry. Red conjunctiva of lids. Profuse lachrymation. Lids hard and swollen.
– PHOTOPHOBIA FROM SUNLIGHT.
– Eyeballs feel enlarged.
– Loss of vision after fright, very cold or hot weather.
– External ear hot and red; painful sensitivity; noise intolerable.
Nose – Acute smell for unpleasant odors.
– Epistaxis; bright red.
– Anxious expression.
– NEURALGIA, PARALYSIS after dry, cold wind, agg. left side.
– One cheek red, one pale (Cham).
– ONE-SIDED NUMBNESS.
– PALE ON RISING, with faintness.
– Numbness and tingling of tongue and lips. Burning.
– Everything tastes bitter except water.
– Pain from dry, cold wind; during pregnancy.
– Acute inflammations with high fever, dark redness, burning and stinging.
– Swallowing difficult.
– Gastritis from drinking cold water when overheated.
– THIRST for large quantities (cold water).
– Burning pain ext. to mouth.
– Pressure as from a stone, ext. to back.
– Acute hepatitis. Splenitis.
– Severe colic with green, watery stool, amel. after stool.
– Tympanitic swelling, burning hot, painful to touch, agg. umbilical region.
– RETENTION of urine in NEWBORNS, from FRIGHT; from cold, esp. children, with crying and
– Frequent urination during crisis.
– Acute orchitis.
– Acute inflammation ovaries from suppressed menses.
– Suppressed menses, dysmenorrhea from fright, becoming cold.
– Abortion from fright.
– CROUP, in early stage; after cold, dry wind.
Larynx sensitive to touch, inspired air; as if raw.
– Hyperventilating with a croupy sound, agonizing, with fear of suffocation.
– Dyspnea from fright, cardiac excitement.
– PSYCHOGENIC DYSPNEA (Lob.). Cough
– Short, dry, hoarse, barking, forcible; from irritation in throat.
– PALPITATIONS, WITH ANXIETY AND FEAR OF DEATH, RESTLESSNESS; agg. lying.
As if boiling water in chest. As if heart will explode.
– ANGINA. Intense pain in all directions, esp. down left arm; with numbness and tingling.
– Pneumonia, pleurisy.
– Stitches in right side, agg. lying on right side, motion, coughing, breathing.
– Acute rheumatism with sensation of enlargement of the part.
– Affections often associated with NUMBNESS, TINGLING.
– Paralysis, from exposure to cold, dry wind, from fright; hysterical.
– Paralysis on waking, unable to move, gives panic.
– Nervous sleeplessness, with anxiety, restlessness.
– Nightmares, instead of panic-attack.
– Position: Left side.
– HIGH FEVER.
– Jaundice in new-borns.
– Erythema, agg. sun. Erysipelas. Red rash.
– Fine prickings as from needles. Tingling.
Arn., Coff., Sulph.
Arg-n., Ars., Bell., Ferr-p., Op., Phos., Rhus-t., Stram.